Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A moment of weakness

Target two days after Easter...candy marked 30% off.  I tell myself I am looking for cute decorations...yet I am parked on the candy aisle.  All mini packets of Cadbury mini eggs are gone...leaving only the larger bags...so what is one to do....why buy two bags of the large bags!!

What was I thinking??  Well I was thinking ... I CAN control this.  I can count out my 12 eggs per serving and not eat the entire bag in one sitting.  I can make sure that portion control can happen and I can still have all those things that I LOVE.  I can make sure I am only eating these on days that I have the calories to do so.  I had redirected my shopping cart all season long and today I gave in.  I am not going to beat myself up over this choice.  My kids still have candy left over from Halloween, Christmas, you name it.  They do not have that same gene that I do where it's all about entire consumption!  

My big race is just 19 days away...ugh that is under 20 days.  I need to focus on clean eating, lots of water, listening to my body, and resting when needed.  I also need to realize that these next 19 days will not be perfect.  There will be more moments of weakness but there will be great success as well.

I guess not all moments of weakness result in bad things.  In a moment of weakness six years ago I got talked into running a marathon after another moment of weakness first talked me into signing up for my first race ever...Army Ten Miler.  Amazing things can happen when you let your guard down and start to believe in yourself.  

OBX Marathon 2009

How does one go out and run 22 miles for their last training run on Easter Sunday when all the family is relaxing at home prepping for the festivities???  They tell themselves that they can do it...it will be long but it will result in success.  Every moment that you push yourself out of your comfort zone only preps you more for the journey that is coming your way.  Everything probably feels like it is against you at times but once you start believing in you, it will get easier... If you believe that you can do it, it will happen.  It doesn't have to be 22 miles or 5 miles or 2....it can be just drinking 64 ounces of water every day for a week, not having fast food, waking up early and trying a new workout class or going for a run, or something as simple as believing you can do this and trying.

Take the good and the bad moments of weakness and turn them into something amazing...we only get one chance at this...don't stop trying...and enjoy a Cadbury mini egg on occasion ;)

Embrace the suck...choose you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment