Monday, March 16, 2015

It's piling up!?!?!?

I am not talking about the numbers on the scale, the laundry or the girl scout cookies in my house but the spring activities!!  Four kids means lots of logistics and just thinking about it all makes me start to sweat a little bit.  We are wrapping up a few items that have been going on since the fall and already started up a few new ones!  The mom taxi is in full swing!

With all of these new add-ons I am in the final six weeks of my marathon training...the big numbers are rolling in and that also stresses me out!! I know I can do this...I will do this!   Commitments are tough...they are many...but they make you stronger!!


Commitment is what transforms the promise into reality.
It is the words that speak boldly of your intentions.
And the actions which speak louder than the words.
It is making the time when there is none.
Coming through time after time after time,
Year after year after year.
Commitment is the stuff character is made of; 
The power to change the face of things.
It is the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism.


I am committed to many things in my life but I need to be sure to hold the commitment to myself first.  I am not just talking food and exercise here...but all the things that make me want to be the better person I know I can be.  I used to work with a girl that carried around a notepad and a pen ALL the time and when you asked her something she would immediately write down that action item so she could address it when she got back to her desk.  She also would clean her office regularly especially when she had big projects coming up and she felt out of sorts.  This let her have a level head going into the big job.  I never understood why she couldn't just remember the item when she got back to her desk and just do it.  Boy was I wrong and try my best to emulate that now!  I feel like my personal commitments let me control one thing in an otherwise uncontrollable day.  Control the controllables. 

So this week starts the run around and I am going to take a deep breath...right down what needs to be done each day for the kiddos and then write down what I need to get done too.  This may mean a 5am wake up to fit a workout in...it may mean breakfast for dinner on a night we are short for time...but I know the chips will fall into place and we'll make it through the week just fine.  I have heard myself say on more than one occasion that I like to be busy...staying in pjs til 11am is also something I like and need to remember that is okay too!

So figure out what you really want to commit yourself to.  Remember that actions speak louder than words.  Don't go into anything half assed...pull yourself up by your bootstraps and really make a difference in yourself.  You are capable of many many things and will shine brightest when you feel that pride within.

Embrace the suck...choose you!


No comments:

Post a Comment