Thursday, October 15, 2015

On my way to what I don't know

Leaving today to head to North Carolina to take part in my first ever half iron distance triathlon.  I have never done this before nor in the previous 36 years of my life did I think I would.  I started training in April of 2015 and here we are 26 weeks later...here and ready to go.

It's funny that you do all the pieces of this race puzzle separately and hope come race morning they all fit together.  It's a lot like everything else in life...you just work here and there and before you know it you have these amazing things in your life, trips planned, children born, marriages celebrated...all bit and pieces you work on every day to on one given day sit back and reflect on your hard work.

I have no idea what to expect for this race other than it will be amazing...there will be stories that I will hear that will inspire me and some that will make me cry.  I am doing this race with two amazing people that together you would not tag the three of us as people to tackle a half iron distance triathlon.  And there in lies the true beauty of this sport.  It is for the every person.  There is no cookie cutter for those that choose to participate in this experience and put their body and mind to the ultimate test.

So I am scared and excited...normal emotions before any big thing in your world.  I will have my cheering crew there...and I will have my orange visor on. I will channel my husband as he pushes through a full Ironman on the same day.  We will be in each other's head and in each other's heart.  We will both be scared and excited and at the end of it all...we will be amazed.

I don't know what the next adventure will be but I look forward to embracing it with open arms.  Keeping your body and mind engaged makes you capable of amazing things.  I can't wait to share my story with you next week.  Please feel free to say a little cheer/prayer/positive vibe for all those racing on Saturday morning...the hard work that people put forth to reach these goals is crazy business...and happy to be apart of it all!

Embrace the suck...Choose You!


No comments:

Post a Comment