Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Why not today??

Why not today...

  • It's cold
  • It's going to be hard
  • I have a party coming up this weekend...and I know I'll eat a lot then, so I'll start after that
  • I am so slow, I used to be faster and getting back to that point is going to be miserable
  • I haven't worked out in FOREVER
  • I want to eat a cheeseburger and fries and not care today
  • I am so out of shape!
  • Did I mention it's going to be hard!!!
The list can go on and on

Why today...

  • It's cold-maybe I can get a new fun running jacket to wear
  • It's going to be hard-but damn I will be so proud of me when I complete it!
  • Party this weekend-Well I could start now to get a little ahead of the game so all that I do eat won't be on top of a really bad week.
  • So slow-I didn't start out fast-it took time to get there...I can do it again.
  • I haven't worked out in FOREVER-EMBRACE THE SUCK-it will not be fun for the first little bit but it WILL get easier!
  • Cheeseburger and fries-these two items are my post race splurge usually-you can still eat them and lose weight! Everything in moderation.
  • Out of shape-well you said it...today is step one on getting in shape.
  • Super hard-if it was easy then everyone would be fit and healthy...it's hard work but not impossible!!

It's not easy and it never is.  It's hard to pick you every day and make fitness and nutrition a priority.  It's so easy to fall back on old habits and stay comfortable.  Trying something new is always scary and hard and not the first choice.  

I still don't know where this blog is going to take me...but I will say in day three of Orange Visor I am speechless.  The support you guys have given me is amazing and the messages I am receiving from you make me smile and shed a tear.  I know how hard it is to make the choice to start but I also know how amazing the reward is on the other side.  

Embrace the suck and choose you today...you'll be so happy you did!


2 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I am sure you don’t remember me but our daughters took a dance class at Ida Lee years ago, maybe 3. I only talked to you a few times but you seemed so kind and genuine. We became friends via FB and I see your updates from time to time. Your blog has come at a perfect time for me. When you talked about jamming yourself into a dress to go to your husband’s holiday party, that was me a week ago getting ready for my office party. That is when I decided next year I wouldn’t do this again. I have never been a runner, but decided to try. I am running my first 5K in March, doing the couch to 5k program. Super excited and scared but I have to try. I am trying to eat better. Realizing that getting fit and caring about what you eat is a process. It has to be something that you do for a lifetime and not just to lose weight or fit into a dress. I want to feel good about myself. I look forward to reading more on your blog, so keep them coming.
    Thanks,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney-
      I absolutely remember you! It was tight quarters in the hallway of Ida Lee! Thank you so much for reading my ramblings! It is a process and not an easy one. It's something you have to be on board with every day and plan for it. One more thing to add to the list of a hundred already there. Which 5k are you doing in March? That is awesome-I really think signing up for a race is crucial to success-you don't want to get there and not be able to do it! You will do great-I look forward to hearing your success. Ben's party is this Saturday and I can tell you I am SUPER excited for my dress this year! Pics to come!

      Embrace the suck!
      Julie

      Delete